The Xilinx® LogiCORE™ IP 40G/50G Ethernet solution provides a 40 Gigabit or 50 Gigabit per second (Gbps) Ethernet Media Access Controller integrated with a PCS/PMA in BASE-R/KR modes or a standalone PCS/PMA in BASE-R/KR modes. The core is designed to work with the latest UltraScale™ and UltraScale+™ FPGAs.
The 50G Ethernet IP is designed to the new 25G/50G Ethernet Consortium standard and supports the demand of cloud data centers to enable lower cost and increased performance solutions between the server and the top of rack switch and to increase the front panel density.
Key Features and Benefits
- Designed to the 50G Ethernet requirements as specified by the 25G/50G Ethernet Consortium
- 40G/50G Ethernet MAC and BASE-R, standalone BASE-R, or BASE-KR are separately licensed fee based options (see order page)
- Allows multiple instantiations up to by 2
- Simple packet-oriented user interface
- Comprehensive statistics gathering
- Status signals for all major functional indicators
- Delivered with a top-level wrapper including functional transceiver wrapper, IP netlist, sample test scripts, and Vivado® Design Suite tools compile scripts
- BASE-R PCS sublayer operating at 40 Gb/s or 50 Gb/s
- Optional Auto-Negotiation
- Optional FEC sublayer
- Custom Preamble mode
- For 7 series support, please refer to 40G/100G Ethernet Core.