Optical Transport Network Solutions Deliver most Compact IP with Reduced Power and Time to Market
Xilinx Smarter Solutions for Optical Transport Network (OTN) portfolio enables Network Equipment Providers (NEPs) to focus on end-product innovation and differentiation while reducing time-to-market and total cost of ownership.
Smarter Solutions for OTN deliver designers the flexibility to reduce cost, increase port density and shorten time to market. A dedicated team of Optical Network Specialists delivers best-of-class OTN solutions, technology, and architecture to help NEPs meet service providers’ objectives for cost efficiency, flexibility, scalability, standards-compliance, and operational streamlining.
Xilinx Smarter Solutions for OTN benefits and capabilities include:
- Small form factor, high-performance OTN IP products optimized to fit single-chip FPGA configurations
- IP targeting OTN Switching, Transponder and Muxponder applications
- Support for latest standards – G.709, OIF, ODUflex, and G.975 compliant 10G to 100G EFEC/GFEC IP
- Integration and customization services by Xilinx Communications Design Center
- In-field upgrades to functionality resulting in lowering risk, faster standards adoption, and late-stage customization
- Advantages of the Xilinx All Programmable FPGA, 3D IC, and SoC portfolios: low power consumption, simultaneous multi-rate support, and high-speed transceivers up to 28G SERDES rates
These solutions include the All Programmable FPGAs and SoCs in addition to a suite of SmartCORE and LogicCORE™ IP that can be customized to optimally address your unique market requirements. Xilinx Vivado™ Design Suite and the Communications Design Center provide a faster, more flexible means to go to market with greatest differentiation, lower risk and cost of ownership than alternative ASIC and ASSP based solutions.
OTN SmartCORE Solutions include:
- OTU4 Framer
- 100GbE to ODU4 Mapper
- 100G Single Stage Mux
- 100G SAR
- ITU G.709 GFEC
- 10G I.4 EFEC
- 10G I.7 EFEC
- 100G XFEC