Xilinx offers a wide range of configuration solutions for Xilinx FPGAs and programming solutions for Xilinx CPLDs and PROMs. Xilinx supports In-System Programming (ISP) and device-specific configuration solutions for:
Configuration Storage Devices
- Platform Flash XL is the industry's fastest 128Mb configuration and storage device specially optimized for high-performance Virtex-5 FPGA configuration.
- Platform Flash is a single in-system programmable solution for configuring all Xilinx FPGAs with densities up to 32Mb.
- System ACE™ is used for system level solutions, high density, and multiple FPGAs.
- Legacy PROMs provide a single solution for in-system and one-time programming configuration for densities up to 16Mb.
- J Drive is a free software download allowing you to program embedded solutions for IEEE 1532 compliant devices.
CPLD and PROM Programming
3rd Party Programmer Solutions
Hardware for All Xilinx Devices
- Platform Cable USB II is the newest and most flexible USB 2.0 download cable for high-performance, reliable and user-friendly configuring and programming all Xilinx FPGAs, CPLDs and PROMs. This cable is a cost effective tool for debugging embedded software and firmware. It supports JTAG and Xilinx slave serial modes.
- Xilinx Virtual Cable Overview Lounge provides a means to access and debug your FPGA design without using a USB or parallel configuration cable.
- Digilent JTAG Cables Digilent produces a variety of high-speed JTAG and SPI USB2 programming solutions that work seamlessly with all Xilinx tools. Our free Adept software allows custom applications to drive JTAG and SPI operations, and to exchange data with target systems.
- ByteTools Cables are a high performance Ethernet-to-JTAG cable. Is is powered by a wall transformer, communicates with a system host (or via an Ethernet hub or switch), using a standard Ethernet cable in an IP network.
- Download Cable Support Information (PDF)
Embedded Solutions for All Xilinx Devices
- J Drive (PDF) is a free software download allowing you to program embedded solutions for IEEE 1532 compliant devices.
- Microprocessor (PDF) is a pre-engineered solution for configuration using an embedded microprocessor.