The VIPP package and its cores are in maintenance mode and not recommended for new designs. For all new designs, users are recommended to use Sensor Demosaic
The Color Filter Array Interpolation LogiCORE™ is a high performance and resource efficient implementation for converting Bayer sensor data to the RGB color domain.
The generation of images from a digital sensor requires a conversion from RAW to RGB data, which is handled by a color filter array interpolation algorithm. The Xilinx Color Filter Array Interpolation LogiCORE generates the missing color components associated with the commonly used Bayer pattern in digital camera systems.
Key Features and Benefits
- RGB and CMY Bayer image sensor support
- 5x5 interpolation aperture
- High quality interpolation suppresses artifacts without the use of an external frame buffer
- Two interpolation methods optimize for sharper image detail or improved fringe tolerance
- Optional horizontal filter to reduce zipper artifacts
- Supports 8, 10, and 12-bits per color component input and output
- Supports spatial resolutions from 128x128 up to 7680x7680
- Supports 1080P60 in all supported device families
- Supports 4kx2k @ 24 Hz in supported high performance devices