The LogiCORE™ IP FIFO Generator core generates fully verified first-in, first-out (FIFO) memory queues ideal for applications requiring in-order data storage and retrieval.
The core provides an optimized solution for all FIFO configurations and delivers maximum performance (up to 500 MHz) while utilizing minimal resources. Delivered through the Vivado® Design Suite, the structure can be customized by the user including the width, depth, status flags, memory type, and the write/read port aspect ratios.
Key Features and Benefits
- FIFO depths up to 4,194,304 words
- FIFO data widths from 1 to 1024 bits for Native FIFO configurations and up to 4096 bits for AXI FIFO configurations
- Non-symmetric aspect ratios (read-to-write port ratios ranging from 1:8 to 8:1)
- Supports Independent or common clock domains
- Selectable memory type (Block RAM, Distributed RAM, Shift Register, or Built-in FIFO)
- Native or AXI interface (AXI4, AXI4-Lite, or AXI4-Stream)
- Synchronous or asynchronous reset option
- Supports Packet Mode
- Supports Error Correction (ECC) and Injection feature for certain configurations
- Supports First-Word Fall-Through (FWFT)
- Supports Embedded Register option for Block RAM and Built-in FIFO primitive based implementations
- Supports – Empty/Full, Almost Empty/Full, and Programmable Empty/Full signals