Xilinx offers embedded processing solutions spanning high performance, low power, and very low cost. With Xilinx Software Development Design Environments (SDx), free and low cost IP cores and broad operating and ecosystem system support, developers can customize an embedded system to their specific product requirements and easily build product derivatives using the software, hardware and IO programmability.
Processing Solutions Benefits
- Xilinx comprehensive suite of processing design tools cover the complete work flow from hardware design to software development.
- Key operating systems such as Linux™, VxWorks™, Windows Embedded Compact, Android, FreeRTOS, and many others are supported by Xilinx products.
- Single-chip processing solutions that scale from 8-bit to 64-bit with custom logic functions, accelerators and peripherals
- Xilinx library of AXI based pre-validated IP cores enables quick and easy design customization
- From the MicroBlaze processor to the Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC with dynamic power management; engineers can leverage the Xilinx power efficient architecture for minimum power consumption.
- With Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC, designers can use the most power efficient 64-bit ARMv8 processor coupled with a dedicated power management unit that allows unprecedented levels of dynamic control for powering down parts of the device.
- Xilinx adoption of AMBA 4 AXI interconnect as a standard interface for its entire IP portfolio ensures that IP developed for one of Xilinx processor-based systems can be reused within other Xilinx processor-based systems or even as a standalone device.
- Xilinx and its ecosystem partners for operating systems, middleware, development tools, design services, IP and boards & kits provide an array of tools for everything needed to accelerate system development, debug and deployment.
- Xilinx also offers time saving tools like automated Board Support Package (BSP) generation, IP creation, advanced chip probes and simulators.
|Application Processor (Multicore)- 64-bit||Application Processor (Multicore)- 32-bit||Real-Time Processor (Multicore)- 32-bit||Configurable Microprocessor/
|8-bit State Machine|
|Performance||Over 10000 DMIPS||Up to 4000 DMIPS||Up to 2000 DMIPS||Up to 240 DMIPS||-|
|Core/ISA||Quad Cortex-A53—ARMv8||Dual Cortex A9 - ARMv7||Dual Cortex-R5—ARMv7||MicroBlaze Processor||PicoBlaze™ 8-bit Microcontroller|
|Xilinx Hardware Support||Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC||Zynq-7000 SoC||Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC||All FPGA Families
Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC
|All FPGA Families
Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC
|OS Support||Bare metal Linux, commercial, Open Source, RTOS… (in development)||Bare metal, commercial, Open Source, RTOS...||Bare metal, commercial, Open Source, RTOS… (in development)||Bare metal, Linux, multiple RTOS||Bare metal|
|Software Development Tools||ARM ecosystem, GNU, Xilinx||ARM ecosystem, GNU, Xilinx||ARM ecosystem, GNU, Xilinx||GNU, Xilinx||Assembler|
|Virtual Platform Support||QEMU||QEMU
Zynq Virtual Platform
|Memory Management Unit||Yes||Yes||Yes||Microprocessor– Yes
|Additional IP Available||Large set of IP seachable from the Xilinx IP library||Large set of IP seachable from the Xilinx IP library||Large set of IP seachable from the Xilinx IP library||Large set of IP seachable from the Xilinx IP library||-|
|Development Kits||In Development||Zynq-7000 SoC Development Kits||In Development||Xilinx Embedded Kits||-|